At Lexonik, we fully understand and empathise with the stigma surrounding adult literacy needs, and the necessity to provide targeted provision to increase confidence and close gaps in literacy with immediate effect.
With 7.1 million adults in the UK being functionally illiterate. We know the importance of adult education and the need to build adult literacy skills, whatever the starting point for the learner. That's why our easy to use products cover the full span of reading ages. So no matter your ability we can improve your literacy skills.
We also understand that many facilitators of adult education are not literacy experts, however, our literacy teacher training offers specialised support.
Listen to our podcast with Phillip Morley to see how we can help adults improve their literacy.
Our literacy intervention programmes come with a breadth of adult literacy resources, tools and teaching aids to assist in a confident delivery to any adult audience.
Literacy intervention programmes for Adult Education
Improve reading ages by an average of 27 months in six short, practical lessons while also developing vocabulary and comprehension.
- We train your team, giving you full autonomy
- Access ongoing support and teaching resources
- Manage your student progress in our intuitive web application
Lexonik Flex is designed to rapidly improve reading, vocabulary, spelling and comprehension, especially with anyone needing immediate impact on their literacy levels, including adult learners.
- Literacy programme which improves learners’ phonological awareness, automaticity, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Leverages metacognition and phased repetition to develop fluency and independence
- We train your staff to deliver Lexonik Flex literacy intervention programme, giving you full autonomy and sustainability
Lexonik Leap is a phonics intervention which effectively resolves phonics gaps for learners who find literacy particularly challenging and those for whom English is not their first language.
- Six-step phonics intervention programme which rapidly progresses phonics, reading, spelling and oracy
- Activities are adaptable, allowing focus to shift depending on whether supporting an EAL learner or a learner who is experiencing difficulties acquiring the basic levels of literacy
- Specifically designed with an older learner in mind to ensure instruction is age appropriate
A cloud-based resource for every classroom that empowers staff to explicitly teach academic vocabulary in every curriculum area.
- Online resources supporting subject-specific teaching of vocabulary across the curriculum
- Empowers teachers and staff to explicitly teach vocabulary from their discipline, allowing school leaders to implement a school-wide approach to the teaching of literacy. Users have instant access to a bank of vocabulary activities, vocabulary resources and worksheets
Lexonik Spell has been designed to demystify common spelling rules, giving educators the knowledge, resources and confidence to improve the teaching and learning of spelling.
- Fully resourced spelling intervention for large groups or withdrawal groups
- Covers the 12 most common spelling rules in the English Language
Professional development courses to upskill all staff in fundamental areas of literacy. Designed to increase knowledge, confidence and classroom application of aspects of literacy, Lexonik Develop provides a variety of opportunities which can be delivered as independent units of learning or as part of a larger package.
- Face-to-face and pre-recorded masterclasses on fundamental areas of literacy development
- Designed to increase knowledge, confidence and classroom application of aspects of literacy development
- Delivery can be part of independent learning units, or a larger learning package
An online independent learning course covering the 19 most common grammar and punctuation rules within the English language. Each module is divided into tutorial and learning activity videos as well as knowledge recall activities.
Adults that are already improving literacy with Lexonik
We have countless individuals who have benefited from our literacy intervention programmes, helping them develop their reading and vocabulary skills and building new levels of confidence.
Here are some testimonials from people of all ages!