Lexonik literacy intervention programmes incorporate traditional tutor-to-learner delivery, with additional benefits of peer-to-peer tuition and support.
We appreciate the unique needs of alternative provision settings, and your requirements to find targeted learning solutions that afford you flexibility and rigour.
The delivery model for our literacy intervention programmes can reflect those of a traditional school timetable or be adapted to the specific needs of your timetable and client base.
Our programmes come with complete training for educators and all the resources you need to significantly improve your learners reading age.
Our comprehensive literacy teacher training ensures the highest standard of delivery and implementation, affording leaders the confidence that their staff will be provided with everything needed to ensure student progress.
Literacy intervention programmes for Alternate Provisions
Improve reading ages by an average of 27 months in six short, practical lessons while also developing vocabulary and comprehension.
- We train your team, giving you full autonomy
- Access ongoing support and teaching resources
- Manage your student progress in our intuitive web application
Lexonik Leap is a phonics intervention which effectively resolves phonics gaps for learners who find literacy particularly challenging and those for whom English is not their first language.
- Six-step phonics intervention programme which rapidly progresses phonics, reading, spelling and oracy
- Activities are adaptable, allowing focus to shift depending on whether supporting an EAL learner or a learner who is experiencing difficulties acquiring the basic levels of literacy
- Specifically designed with an older learner in mind to ensure instruction is age appropriate
A cloud-based resource for every classroom that empowers staff to explicitly teach academic vocabulary in every curriculum area.
- Online resources supporting subject-specific teaching of vocabulary across the curriculum
- Empowers teachers and staff to explicitly teach vocabulary from their discipline, allowing school leaders to implement a school-wide approach to the teaching of literacy. Users have instant access to a bank of vocabulary activities, vocabulary resources and worksheets
Lexonik Spell has been designed to demystify common spelling rules, giving educators the knowledge, resources and confidence to improve the teaching and learning of spelling.
- Fully resourced spelling intervention for large groups or withdrawal groups
- Covers the 12 most common spelling rules in the English Language
Professional development courses to upskill all staff in fundamental areas of literacy. Designed to increase knowledge, confidence and classroom application of aspects of literacy, Lexonik Develop provides a variety of opportunities which can be delivered as independent units of learning or as part of a larger package.
- Face-to-face and pre-recorded masterclasses on fundamental areas of literacy development
- Designed to increase knowledge, confidence and classroom application of aspects of literacy development
- Delivery can be part of independent learning units, or a larger learning package
An online independent learning course covering the 19 most common grammar and punctuation rules within the English language. Each module is divided into tutorial and learning activity videos as well as knowledge recall activities.