Schools & Colleges
We train your staff to competently deliver our literacy intervention programmes. Teachers will gain the knowledge and tools to teach vital literacy skills, whilst closing the attainment gap and ensuring every student is realising their full potential.
We understand the importance of literacy. With the literacy demands of the curriculum being greater than ever, it’s essential that students are equipped to deal with the reading and vocabulary requirements of the classroom and the exam system.
Lexonik’s refreshing approach champions the ‘whole school’ model, staying focused on sustainable long-term impact.
So, whilst we know discrete interventions have their place in teaching, we go much further, creating a transformation in teacher pedagogy.
We have a range of products designed as a result of many years of active research.
This portfolio of literacy intervention programmes and teacher training delivers effective, consistent solutions, supporting students from age 8 to 80 in accessing the curriculum’s reading, comprehension and vocabulary demands, leading to automaticity and independence.
Check out our case study with Alderbrook School to see how well our programmes work in schools.
Department for Education Funded Post-16 Programme for FE
We've received an expected 3-year grant from the DfE, helping us to support colleges, their resit learners and FS learners.
Providers of GCSE resits in these regions are eligible for FULLY-FUNDED access to our intervention programmes and continual professional development.
How It Works
- Post-16 English resit teachers and facilitators are trained to deliver Lexonik's student intervention programmes, namely Lexonik Advance/Lexonik Flex and Lexonik Leap (maximum eight teachers per college)
- Suite of masterclass PD courses, and live remote training, released periodically, to support in the explicit teaching of reading, vocabulary, grammar and spelling
- Access to Lexonik Vocabulary - a morphemic analysis tool for the explicit teaching of vocabulary, applicable for all subjects and contexts
Literacy intervention programmes for schools and colleges
Improve reading ages by an average of 27 months in six short, practical lessons while also developing vocabulary and comprehension.
- We train your team, giving you full autonomy
- Access ongoing support and teaching resources
- Manage your student progress in our intuitive web application
A cloud-based resource for every classroom that empowers staff to explicitly teach academic vocabulary in every curriculum area.
- Online resources supporting subject-specific teaching of vocabulary across the curriculum
- Empowers teachers and staff to explicitly teach vocabulary from their discipline, allowing school leaders to implement a school-wide approach to the teaching of literacy. Users have instant access to a bank of vocabulary activities, vocabulary resources and worksheets
Lexonik Leap is a phonics intervention which effectively resolves phonics gaps for learners who find literacy particularly challenging and those for whom English is not their first language.
- Six-step phonics intervention programme which rapidly progresses phonics, reading, spelling and oracy
- Activities are adaptable, allowing focus to shift depending on whether supporting an EAL learner or a learner who is experiencing difficulties acquiring the basic levels of literacy
- Specifically designed with an older learner in mind to ensure instruction is age appropriate
Lexonik Spell has been designed to demystify common spelling rules, giving educators the knowledge, resources and confidence to improve the teaching and learning of spelling.
- Fully resourced spelling intervention for large groups or withdrawal groups
- Covers the 12 most common spelling rules in the English Language
Professional development courses to upskill all staff in fundamental areas of literacy. Designed to increase knowledge, confidence and classroom application of aspects of literacy, Lexonik Develop provides a variety of opportunities which can be delivered as independent units of learning or as part of a larger package.
- Face-to-face and pre-recorded masterclasses on fundamental areas of literacy development
- Designed to increase knowledge, confidence and classroom application of aspects of literacy development
- Delivery can be part of independent learning units, or a larger learning package