Middle Eastern Schools
Literacy is important globally for many reasons, not only is it a human right, it's essential for any country to have a literate population in order to develop.
Because of this, we work with middle eastern schools, training your staff to competently deliver our literacy intervention programmes.
Teachers will gain the knowledge and tools to teach vital literacy skills, whilst closing the attainment gap and ensuring every student is realising their full potential.
All Lexonik literacy intervention programmes are strategically aligned to assessment data and student Standard Age Scores (SAS), ensuring school leaders strategically target interventions to students’ progress needs. We also have a reading intervention programme ideal for EAL learners, removing reading as a barrier to achievement.
We aim to help countries develop their education sector, such as the UAE as mentioned in the countries Fifty-Year charter.
Lexonik literacy intervention programmes follow a prescriptive delivery and implementation rollout, making leaders secure in the knowledge that all literacy intervention and ‘whole class’ teaching is standardised across all schools, lessening teacher variability and ensuring consistency.
In an era of such great literacy demands within the curriculum, Lexonik’s programmes ensure schools make proactive use of their reading data, targeting instruction at the point of need.
Lexonik’s refreshing approach champions the ‘whole school’ model, staying focused on sustainable long-term impact.
So, whilst we know discrete interventions have their place in teaching, we go much further, creating a transformation in teacher pedagogy.
Mass Training Events
We understand that wherever they are in the world, educators are always working under time constraints. Because of this we offer Mass Training Events that allow many educators to be trained in Lexonik interventions, all at once. We have seen these events work to great success in the Middle East. In September 2023 several schools from the GEMS Education network participated in our first Mass Training Event in Dubai. The result was 18 staff members from 8 schools, trained to improve literacy outcomes in their schools in a matter of days.
The benefits of Mass Training are numerous:
- Efficiency of delivery for one cohort, rather than slotting into various timetables over multiple dates and at multiple venues
- Training events naturally then become an opportunity for peers to experience ‘together’ and to be candid with one another about their educational challenges or significant goals in their respective classrooms
- Mass learning is evidently better for generating debate, conversation and the scope to share contributions which are relevant to a particular module or exercise
- Training ‘pan group’ means a clear thread of commonality, which means recalled knowledge will be the same across all participants
- Group mass training specific to one school cohort allows for a level of confidentiality and solidarity
Literacy Intervention Programmes for Middle Eastern Schools
We have designed various leading literacy programmes from many years of active research. Check them out below or contact us.
Lexonik Leap is a phonics intervention which effectively resolves phonics gaps for learners who find literacy particularly challenging and those for whom English is not their first language.
- Six-step phonics intervention programme which rapidly progresses phonics, reading, spelling and oracy
- Activities are adaptable, allowing focus to shift depending on whether supporting an EAL learner or a learner who is experiencing difficulties acquiring the basic levels of literacy
- Specifically designed with an older learner in mind to ensure instruction is age appropriate
Improve reading ages by an average of 27 months in six short, practical lessons while also developing vocabulary and comprehension.
- We train your team, giving you full autonomy
- Access ongoing support and teaching resources
- Manage your student progress in our intuitive web application
A cloud-based resource for every classroom that empowers staff to explicitly teach academic vocabulary in every curriculum area.
- Online resources supporting subject-specific teaching of vocabulary across the curriculum
- Empowers teachers and staff to explicitly teach vocabulary from their discipline, allowing school leaders to implement a school-wide approach to the teaching of literacy. Users have instant access to a bank of vocabulary activities, vocabulary resources and worksheets
Professional development courses to upskill all staff in fundamental areas of literacy. Designed to increase knowledge, confidence and classroom application of aspects of literacy, Lexonik Develop provides a variety of opportunities which can be delivered as independent units of learning or as part of a larger package.
- Face-to-face and pre-recorded masterclasses on fundamental areas of literacy development
- Designed to increase knowledge, confidence and classroom application of aspects of literacy development
- Delivery can be part of independent learning units, or a larger learning package
Lexonik Spell has been designed to demystify common spelling rules, giving educators the knowledge, resources and confidence to improve the teaching and learning of spelling.
- Fully resourced spelling intervention for large groups or withdrawal groups
- Covers the 12 most common spelling rules in the English Language
Articles, Insights and Case Studies
Read some of our latest insights and case studies from around the world.